Kirk and Bradley Mini Trunk Show
This fun trunk show includes lots of travel round ornaments of cities, states, and countries, Christmas baubles, animal ornaments, beach themed canvases, garden pieces, nesting doll canvases and more. All Kirk and Bradley/Burnett and Bradley canvases are 20% off during the trunk show. That includes the many I have in stock! You can see the You Tube video of the larger pieces they sent me here: https://youtu.be/Vjt4y_7Mbu8
They sent lots of ornament sized pieces too. Come on in and see them. You can also drool over ALL of their canvases on their website: https://kirkandbradley.com/. If I don’t have it in the trunk show, I will order it for you and you will still receive the 20% off.
Kreinik has Good News!
Kreinik has been making updates to their production process. The latest improvements include a necessary redesign of their spools. They tell me that:
- A damaged spool mold created unusable spools, which contributed to our production delays: we ran out of spools, and the spools we had required more hand processing than machine processing.
- While we invested in a new spool mold, we redesigned it to be one size and one kind of spool for all thread sizes. The new spool will be similar in size to our larger black spool, and feature notches on both ends for securing the thread.
- The spool manufacturer is located in the United States rather than in China—which means faster production and delivery times.
- Spooling will be automated rather than semi-automatic, and we won’t have to stop between batches to reset machines for winding different spool sizes—this means faster processing.
- The new spool will be flat on both ends—a solid surface for the label, which means the labels will stay in place. ( I say hurray for this one!!!)
- The new label will have UPC codes on them.
Thread Spotlight – Rainbow Gallery’s Entice
Entice is rayon (are you all screaming in anguish hearing that?) blended with metallic. The shine of rayon can’t be beat but the problem most of us have with rayon is something else. Enter Entice! The metallic blended with the rayon keeps the rayon in line and easy to stitch with. I promise! At a healthy 12 yards per card in over 130 colors, this will become one of your new favorite threads at just $3.25 per card.
A New Monthly Class – Canvas Embellishment with Theresa
Are you stuck on what to do with your needlepoint canvas? Join me on Wednesday, April 6 from 2 p.m. to 3:30. Teaching fee is $15. Class will be held once a month and will be held more often if there’s enough interest. You must call me or come in to pay and reserve your seat. Limit 5. (810) 694-3040
New Chart From Nancy’s Needle – Azaleas by Moonlight
This pretty satin stitched design has astonishing colors and the finished design is 10 x 10″. It requires 2 skeins of Caron Collection Snow in , #29 Pistachio, 4 skeins DMC #5 Perle Cotton, 2 skeins DMC #5 Color Variations #4050 Roaming Pastures, 3 skeins #4240 Mid Summer Night, and five cards of Rainbow Gallery Silk Lame’ Braid, I’m taking orders for the chart AND if you want the threads, let me know so I can get those on order too.
Update on Whimsical Stitches – Volume 3 by Mary Legallet
Mary is having issues with the supply chain for, of all things, paper! The book was supposed to be released last month. At this point, she doesn’t know when it will be printed. If you’re not already on my special order list for this one, be sure to let me know you want one. As before, the book is $68.
And be as happy as a dog in the snow.